United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways application deadline.
United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Application Instruction.
- The United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on schoolinfong.com for free.
- The United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship Details.
Applications are open for the United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship 2022. By way of recognizing youth as the key player in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and building on the success of the past cohorts of the Local Pathways Fellows, the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is recruiting its 2022 cohort of the Local Pathways Fellows.
The Local Pathways Fellowship seeks to provide young leaders with a platform, a guiding framework for action, and connect them with leading development experts and practitioners:
- Guide and inform their work around their existing and future projects, and help them develop insights about local sustainable development challenges;
- Provide them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitate mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions;
- Support them in becoming local advocates that promote and advocate for dialogue and problem solving for sustainable development.
The fellows will take on a 10-month journey throughout which they will explore pathways for “localizing” the globally adopted goals and targets, exchange knowledge and ideas, and work to engage local stakeholders in a dialogue around pathways towards a better future for their fellow citizens.
The LPF is a 10-month program that takes fellows on a journey of charting pathways for ‘localizing’ SDG 11. The program of activities has monthly deliverables that revolve around:
- Learning about the major challenges currently faced by urban areas around the world and the extraordinary potential of these areas to enable change in the future. From infrastructure to culture to economic opportunity, learning how harnessing the power of urban development for global progress is imperative.
- Channeling the ideas and knowledge they acquire into the development of a project that addresses challenges pertinent to their city and area of interest; will be the main outcome and deliverable of the fellowship.
- Connecting with the peer-to-peer network of 253 fellows from 170 different cities across 78 countries. This grants fellows the opportunity to exchange knowledge, share resources, and build solutions with urban leaders from across the world
- Gaining insight and mentorship from experts from the industry through the LPF webinar series.
- The fellows will benefit from global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development, numerous opportunities to develop their expertise, as well as access to SDSN’s vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
- Being part of SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments, companies, and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development and enables you to make an impact.
- Being part of a movement of young people, who are committed to sustainable development and are being equipped with the necessary skills and tools to overcome key challenges and meaningfully contribute to the achievement of SDGs in communities.
- SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship enables you to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government, and the United Nations.
- By joining the Local Pathways Fellowship, you will be part of a diverse and exceptional group of fellows with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship could serve as a foundation for your future endeavors.
- Supported by SDSN’s global team of experts, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible, fulfilling, and meaningful environment.
- You may be selected to attend and/or speak at events
- Your experiences will become central to the program’s efforts and legacy.
- Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application (exceptions may apply);
- Candidates must be based in the same city throughout the entire duration of the Fellowship (February through November 2022);
- Candidates must be fluent in English and the local language of the cities they represent;
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to and a solid understanding of the concept of sustainable development;
- Candidates must be able to commit the minimum of 5-7 hours each week on average;
- Candidates must have a stable internet connection;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement and advocacy, or similar;
- A demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy or similar fields would be considered a strong asset.
For more information, visit Local Pathways Fellowship.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing This Post With Others via!