The attention of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board [JAMB] has been drawn to cases of candidates who have bought ePINS and were not able to proceed with their registration.
The board has therefore stated the possible reasons for the cause of invalid e-Pin after Pin Vending, they are listed below.
CAUSES OF THE JAMB UTME INVALID E-PINS
- A very high rate of candidates buying ePINS without creating their profile first.
- Incorrect email address provided at the bank teller.
- Recent enforcement of email validation of candidates emails. Candidates who have not created their profile properly would be affected.
- Unforeseen technical issues in the PIN vending system.
SOLUTIONS TO THE JAMB UTME INVALID E-PINS
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board JAMB hereby advises all candidates to note the following
- Candidates are NOT to buy new pins in the case of invalid pins. The cause of the invalid pin has been investigated
- All candidates having invalid pins responses av been captured on d system and will receive their PIN details
- Emails with candidate name, email and valid pins will be sent to candidates
MEASURES TAKEN BY THE BOARD TO PREVENT INVALID E-PINS
JAMB therefore has taken the following steps to ensure the continuation of the registration process.
- All candidates MUST create their profiles before proceeding to buy d ePIN. D ePIN vendors (Banks) can create d profile before vending the pin.
- Each candidate’s email address will now be verified on the system before ePINS are vended.
- Any candidate with an incorrect email address will not be served. It therefore requires entering the same valid email address twice.
- All candidates are to ensure that they provide valid phone numbers.
- Candidates are encouraged to utilize only Jamb accredited Centers.
WARNING TO ALL APPLICANTS
- No one should patronize fraudsters, many of whom are now in Police custody. Only CBT Centres accredited by JAMB can do valid registration.
- Please send to JAMB directly if you are charged above the Board’s official fee. Please contact us on support.jamb.org.