School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar admission form 2019/2020 – School of Psychiatric Nursing and Midwifery Calabar admission application forms for 2019/2020 academic session is now on sale, This is the full application details of:
School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar admission Form 2019/2020, School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar admission requirements 2019, School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar application fees 2019, how to apply for School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar admission online, School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar Interview/Entrance examination date 2019… details below.
- 1 School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar form 2019/2020
- 2 General Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria
- 2.1 Requirement for General Nursing & Midwifery Education
- 2.2 Requirement for Post Basic Nursing Education
- 2.3 Requirements For Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing Programme
- 2.4 Requirements For Bachelor Of Nursing Science
- 2.5 Requirements For Higher Degrees In Nursing
- 2.6 Requirements For Professional Nursing Programs
School of Psychiatric Nursing Calabar form 2019/2020
Applications are invited from Nurses seeking admission into the Post Basic Psychiatric Nurse Training Programme for the 2018/2019 Academic year.
Interested candidates should be holders of the RN and any other relevant
certificates in Nursing. In addition, candidates must possess the Senior Secondary
School Certificate or its equivalent with Credit in at least five subjects to include
English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and any other relevant science
subject in not more than two sittings.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
18 Calendar months commencing from April, 2018 – November, 2019.
Hostel accommodation is not available at the moment, but alternative arrangements will be made on first come first served basis.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates can:
1) download the APPLICATION FORM;
2) obtain the form at Federal School of Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing, Mary Slessor Avenue, Calabar with a non-refundable application fee of N10,000.00 only payable in favour of:
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Visit any commercial bank and pay fees through REMITA platform. Pay to Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Calabar – School Fees/Charges.
Completed application form accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and copy of the bank teller and print out should be returned to the undersigned on or before 3rd March, 2018
The closing date for submission of completed application form to the school is
March 3rd 2018; late entry will not be entertained.
For further information, please contact:
The Medical Director
Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital
123, Calabar Road, Calabar
Tel: 234087, 232125, 232266. Fax: 087-236208
E-Mail: [email protected]
Federal School of Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
Mary Slessor Avenue, Calabar
(For the Medical Director)
P.M.B 1052, Calabar. Tel: 08033975839
E-mail: [email protected]
General Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria
There are different categories of Nursing programs in Nigeria. schoolinfo.com.ng has publish and highlight the requirements for each of them also.
Requirement for General Nursing & Midwifery Education
This is the first Nursing program available to all intending nurses in Nigeria. It takes a 3 year school program to achieve this. At the end, the student is awarded with a title of Registered Nurse. The requirements include:
- SSCE certificate with a minimum of 5 credits that must include a science subject eg (Biology, Chemistry and or Physics) and English language in not more than two sittings.
- Must be between 18-35 years before applying.
Requirement for Post Basic Nursing Education
Students who finish as Registered Nurse and wish to further on will go for the Post Basic Nursing Education. This, after successful graduation, qualifies you to be known as “Registered Midwife” (RM). The requirements include:
- Must have obtained the qualification of “Registered Nurse”.
- Must meet up with the academic qualification and requirements of the admitting nursing school in Nigeria.
- Undergo a schooling/training of 1 year.
It is recommended that you simply get high gpa’s in high school science since nursing largely depends on application of scientific methodologies
Requirements For Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing Programme
Candidates who wish to apply for this must meet up with the following requirements. They include;
- Must be a registered nurse.
- Must meet up with the admission requirements of the admitting schools of psychiatric nursing in Nigeria.
- Finally, must undergo 1-year full training/schooling.
Requirements For Bachelor Of Nursing Science
To obtain the bachelor of Nursing science, applicant must meet up with the following criteria and requirements.
- Must have at least 5 credits in SSCE including in subjects as English, Mathematics and other science subjects.
- Must undergo a 5-year schooling/training program.
- Afterwards, candidate must go for a compulsory 1-year internship program in a Registered Health care institution.
- Upon graduation, the certificates or award obtainable include: Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife, Registered Public Health Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse and B.Sc. in Nursing.
Requirements For Higher Degrees In Nursing
Nurses who wish to pursue higher degree in nursing must meet with the following requirements. They include:
- Meeting the admitting school’s entry requirements.
- Possible awards or certificates to be obtained include Master Degree (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D).
Requirements For Professional Nursing Programs
The requirements for this include:
- Must be a registered Nurse/Midwife with at least one-year post registration (working) experience.
- Must have a current practicing licence.
- Also, applicant must meet with admitting school’s requirements.
- The duration for this is 1 year. However, Anesthetist Nursing programme runs for a year and 6 months (18months).
- Obtainable certificate: certificate in nursing in the area of clinical specialization.
Successful candidates will be invited for interview.