Open Government Partnership Global Summit Youth Program 2019 for Global Youth Leaders (Fully-funded to Ottawa, Canada)
Calling all youth in open government! The Open Government Partnership (OGP) Global Summit Youth Program 2019 is open for applications!
Are you a young person who is passionate about open government? Do you want to work with like-minded youth to create tools for making governments around the globe more transparent and participatory? If yes, then apply to participate in the Global Youth Leaders in Open Government program at the 2019 Open Government Partnership (OGP) Global Summit!
The Government of Canada is hosting a Program for Global Youth Leaders at OGP Canada. Only 20 spots are available, so apply before April 5th, and you could be selected to visit Ottawa this May!
The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is the leading global multi-lateral initiative aimed at securing commitments from governments based on transparency, accountability, and citizen participation. The OGP includes membership of 79 national and 20 subnational governments, as well as hundreds of civil society organizations.
The Government of Canada is currently serving as the lead Government Chair of the OGP. In this role, Canada is hosting the 2019 OGP Global Summit. The Summit will bring together 1,750 global influencers from government, civil society, academic, media, and beyond. One of the thematic priorities of the Summit is inclusion, which includes a focus on youth empowerment.
In view of this, Canada is offering a tailored program for up to 20 global youth leaders at the 2019 Summit.
- Successful applicants will receive funding for flights, visas, accommodation, and a daily subsistence allowance.
- In addition to accessing the full 2019 OGP Global Summit program, selected participants will partake in the following activities:
- An interactive workshop focused on developing resources and tools for promoting youth inclusion in open government processes;
- A youth networking event featuring inspiring keynote speakers and opportunities to connect with other young people attending the Summit; and
- Exclusive side events including Points of Contact Day, Civil Society Day, and the OGP Steering Committee meeting.
In order to be eligible to apply, you must:
- be between the ages of 18 and 26
- be a national of or live in an OGP participant country
- Afghanistan Albania Argentina Armenia Australia Brazil Bulgaria Burkina Faso Cabo Verde Canada Chile Colombia Costa Rica Côte d’Ivoire Croatia Czech Republic Denmark Dominican Republic Ecuador El Salvador Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Ghana Greece Guatemala Honduras Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Jordan Kenya Kyrgyz Republic Latvia Liberia Lithuania Luxembourg Malawi Malta Mexico Moldova Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Netherlands New Zealand Nigeria North Macedonia Norway Pakistan Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Portugal Romania Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Slovak Republic South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Tunisia Ukraine United Kingdom United States Uruguay
- be fluent in English (translators will not be available)
- represent an organization or broader coalition/cause within your respective country
- been previously involved in an open government initiative
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in being considered for the Global Youth Leaders in Open Government program, please complete this application form by end of day April 5, 2019.
For more information, visit OGP Canada.