The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Graduates 2017, In this article you will get latest updates on Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Graduates 2017 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within
the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Response Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Commencement: 15th, June 2017.
Contract period: 31st, December 2017 (with possibility of extension)
- NRC is therefore seeking an Emergency Response Officer in the NRC field office in Maiduguri, borno State, Nigeria to Coordinate and provide Support to the NRC field office in Maiduguri and hence support NRC in achieving its goal of reaching out to the most vulnerable internally displaced people.
- The Emergency Response Officer reports to the Emergency Response Coordinator All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Implement needs assessments and support beneficiary identification and selection
- Supervise delivery of assistance to selected beneficiaries
- Carry out monitoring activities as directed.
- Other duties as directed from time to time.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Recommended: Universities 2017/18 Admission Pattern
- Implement beneficiary household level assessments and registration
- Support Emergency Response Officers and Assistants based in field locations, including daily management, technical guidelines as required
- Monitor displacement trends and new coming displaced persons arrivals, prepare weekly reports
- Monitor market prices for basic commodities, compile reports
- Compile other reports relative to the emergency response/RRM
- Design and supervise distributions of aid, as directed by ER Coordinator or Manager
- Supervise post distribution monitoring data collection and analysis, in coordination with M&E department
- Liaise with logistics and other support departments to ensure good cooperation and coordination at the field level
- Liaise with other core competency teams (i.e. shelter, WASH, ICLA) and facilitate their field work in connection to emergency response/RRM, as required
- Represent NRC with partners and stakeholders, as instructed and guided by supervisors.
- Minimum 2 years of experience from working in an Emergency in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- University Degree in relevant field, Advanced degree would be an additional advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Contextual knowledge of northeast Nigeria (Borno State) preferred.
- Strong communication, coordination and representational skills.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English & Hausa, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license/ National means of Identification
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of
- Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
According to NRC’s directions.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered
- Short listing will be done on a roll in basis, candidates are advised to apply on time
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and updated CV to: [email protected] The title of the position (Emergency Response Officer – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.
Pls don’t hesitate sharing this Information across to others via our sharing buttons below & also feel free to comment, we appreciate comments.