Job Vacancy Application at Mercy Corps Nigeria Ongoing | How to Apply Online.
The Mercy Corps Nigeria recruitment application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates in Nigeria are published here on Schoolinfong.com for free.
Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancies | Apply Now
- Don’t forget that Mercy Corps Nigeria recruitment is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Mercy Corps Nigeria Vacancy Position & How to Apply.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Internship, Full-time
Duration: 12 months
Program / Department Summary
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Programs and other Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary
- Working in the Finance Department under the direction of Roving Senior Finance officer/FO and working with Finance Manager, the field Logistics/Administration officer and other support and program team staff, responsible for assigned field office petty cash management, compliance, and maintaining proper, accurate and well-organized Finance documents, etc.
- He is also responsible for updating and tracking cash issued and finance files. He is responsible to make sure that all AAM, segregation of duties and policies and procedures are respected as per the FFM, procurement manual, assets mgt and other manuals/policies and procedures.
- This position is not localized but open to experiences and intended applicants from our locations, considering the time frame and work.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- A clear understanding of the financial process.
- Understand the basics of donor’s regulations of procedures as well as Mercy Corps ones.
- Be familiar with bookkeeping.
- Be familiar with the Finance archiving system.
- Provide financial support for non-finance team members.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of accounting skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow all Mercy Corps policies, procedures, grant compliance, and documentation requirements.
- Prepare and maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Identify and follow up on outstanding obligations.
- Receive, check and submit travel advance claims from field-based
- Keeps record of all cash, bank, advances and regularly updates
- Carries out weekly cash counts and whenever requested by the Roving Senior Finance Officer/Finance Officer, prints off all payment vouchers and matches with the documents to be filed.
- Pays or receives authorized bank payments and receipts.
- Enters transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the Roving Senior Finance Officer/Finance Officer whenever required.
- Code all expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget, and record to the accounting software or recording system daily and ensure weekly review and posting.
- Prepare cash, bank, and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT, and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
- Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM.
- Assist in preparation and processing bank payments online, attach payment advice, and upload details for multiple payments
- Assist in petty cash management
- Cross-checking purchase requests, quotation analysis, purchase orders, expense reports, payment requests, and others before cash transfer after approvals and reviews are done.
- Stamping all Bank transactions for office with PAID Stamp and ensuring prompt filing.
- Make a follow-up on original documents for all payments processed on behalf of satellite offices Gombe on a weekly basis and ensure prompt filing.
- Assist in tracking returned payments and follow up with the bank and vendors for correction.
- Printing posted vouchers/cash batch summary reports after posting, labeling, and archiving.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers, GRN, and other required documents sequentially as per the Procurement/Finance review checklist.
- Supporting in reviews of supporting documents, calculations and approvals/reviews, vendor’s bank account information before uploading any payments
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Reports Directly To: Senior Finance Officer/ FO
- Works Directly With: Finance Manager,Program Managers, Finance Staff, Support Heads (Operations, Logistics & Human resources) and other MC staff.
- Minimum of Degree / HND in Accounting
- Partial (Level two and above) or full ACCA is an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Two years experience in Finance and Accounting is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including attention to detail are essential.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel rotate to any Mercy Corps Field Offices and Head office whenever the need arises.
- Knowledge of Hausa is required.
- An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
- An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics, as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures, is essential.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N100,000
- The intern will be entitled to full health insurance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
- Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC.
- We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
- Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
- Mercy Corps staff represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
- Female candidates who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.