LUTH School of Nursing admission form 2019/2020 – Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, Idi Araba School of Nursing and Midwifery Programme admission application forms for 2019/2020 academic session is now on sale, This is the full application details of:
LUTH Idi Araba School of Nursing admission Form 2019/2020, LUTH School of Nursing admission requirements 2019, LUTH School of Nursing application fees 2019, how to apply for LUTH School of Nursing admission online, LUTH School of Nursing Interview/Entrance examination date 2019… details below.
- 1 LUTH, Idi Araba School of Nursing form 2019/2020
- 2 LUTH School of Nursing Admission Requirements 2019/2020
- 3 How to Apply for LUTH School of Nursing Admission
- 4 Mode Of Payment
- 5 General Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria
- 5.1 Requirement for General Nursing & Midwifery Education
- 5.2 Requirement for Post Basic Nursing Education
- 5.3 Requirements For Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing Programme
- 5.4 Requirements For Bachelor Of Nursing Science
- 5.5 Requirements For Higher Degrees In Nursing
- 5.6 Requirements For Professional Nursing Programs
LUTH, Idi Araba School of Nursing form 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the LUTH School of Nursing programmme for the 2019/2020 academic session.
LUTH School of Nursing Admission Requirements 2019/2020
- Five credits in SSCE/GCE ‘0’ Level in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry & Physics (Combination of results should not be at more than two sittings).
- Applicants should bring along pencil, eraser, ruler, pen, original receipt issued by the cashier and certified passport photograph to the examination venue.
- Only candidates who have satisfied the conditions for admission will be called for interview.
Course Fee: Details will be provided on admission.
How to Apply for LUTH School of Nursing Admission
Sales of Admission forms commences from February of every Year.
Interested applicants are to visit the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital [LUTH] Idi Araba for purchase of admission forms.
- From the SON website click on SON Portal button or go to portal.sonluth.com
- From the portal home page click on Make Payment button (You need to make payment first before you can complete your form).
- Fill in your correct details and select your preferred payment options (Online Payment Through ATM or Payment at the Bank).
- If your option is Bank Payment, An RRR code will be generated for payment at the Bank Counter.
- After successful payment, proceed to fill the Application Form (Note: that your e-mail and password supplied during payment will be used as your User ID and Password to log into your account).
- Upload your passport photograph (Not more than 30KB in JPG or PNG format).
- Print your Exam slip and receipt from your account.
- Submit a copy of the printed Application Form to School of Nursing, Luth-Idiaraba, Lagos.
The first phase of Entrance Examination is on the 9th of June 2018.
Closing Date for sales of admission forms is on Friday 1st June, 2018.
>>>For more information and inquiries, You can visit the School Campus<<<
Mode Of Payment
All payment should be made into LUTH School of Nursing Remita Platform “LUTH School of Nursing Account”. Present evidence of payment to the school cashier and obtain hospital receipt and use same to collect the application form.
All completed application forms should be returned to the Coordinator’s/Principal’s office not later than the dates stated.
- Completed application forms must be accompanied with:
- Two (2) recent passport photographs with white background.
- Photocopies of all credentials.
- Indigence certificate and birth certificate or declaration of age.
General Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria
There are different categories of Nursing programs in Nigeria. schoolinfo.com.ng has publish and highlight the requirements for each of them also.
Requirement for General Nursing & Midwifery Education
This is the first Nursing program available to all intending nurses in Nigeria. It takes a 3 year school program to achieve this. At the end, the student is awarded with a title of Registered Nurse. The requirements include:
- SSCE certificate with a minimum of 5 credits that must include a science subject eg (Biology, Chemistry and or Physics) and English language in not more than two sittings.
- Must be between 18-35 years before applying.
Requirement for Post Basic Nursing Education
Students who finish as Registered Nurse and wish to further on will go for the Post Basic Nursing Education. This, after successful graduation, qualifies you to be known as “Registered Midwife” (RM). The requirements include:
- Must have obtained the qualification of “Registered Nurse”.
- Must meet up with the academic qualification and requirements of the admitting nursing school in Nigeria.
- Undergo a schooling/training of 1 year.
It is recommended that you simply get high gpa’s in high school science since nursing largely depends on application of scientific methodologies
Requirements For Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing Programme
Candidates who wish to apply for this must meet up with the following requirements. They include;
- Must be a registered nurse.
- Must meet up with the admission requirements of the admitting schools of psychiatric nursing in Nigeria.
- Finally, must undergo 1-year full training/schooling.
Requirements For Bachelor Of Nursing Science
To obtain the bachelor of Nursing science, applicant must meet up with the following criteria and requirements.
- Must have at least 5 credits in SSCE including in subjects as English, Mathematics and other science subjects.
- Must undergo a 5-year schooling/training program.
- Afterwards, candidate must go for a compulsory 1-year internship program in a Registered Health care institution.
- Upon graduation, the certificates or award obtainable include: Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife, Registered Public Health Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse and B.Sc. in Nursing.
Requirements For Higher Degrees In Nursing
Nurses who wish to pursue higher degree in nursing must meet with the following requirements. They include:
- Meeting the admitting school’s entry requirements.
- Possible awards or certificates to be obtained include Master Degree (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D).
Requirements For Professional Nursing Programs
The requirements for this include:
- Must be a registered Nurse/Midwife with at least one-year post registration (working) experience.
- Must have a current practicing licence.
- Also, applicant must meet with admitting school’s requirements.
- The duration for this is 1 year. However, Anesthetist Nursing programme runs for a year and 6 months (18months).
- Obtainable certificate: certificate in nursing in the area of clinical specialization.
Successful candidates will be invited for interview.