Jack Ma Foundation’s Africa Netpreneur Prize 2019 (US$1 million in prizes)
The Africa Netpreneur Prize 2019 is now open for applications. The Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative is Jack Ma’s flagship entrepreneur program in Africa led by the Jack Ma Foundation. Jack Ma’s Flagship project seeking to support African entrepreneurs by awarding 10 entrepreneurs every year with a shared $1M grant over the next 10 years. Their mission is to identify and spotlight African entrepreneur heroes and their stories to inspire the continent and beyond.
All ten finalists will receive grant funding from the Jack Ma Foundation, as well as access to the Netpreneur community of African business leaders to leverage the community’s shared expertise, best practices, and resources.
The Jack Ma Foundation (JMF) is a charitable organisation founded in 2014 by Jack Ma, Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group. The foundation’s aim is to promote human development in harmony with both society and the environment, while its mission is to work towards a world of bluer skies, cleaner water, healthier communities, and more open thinking.
Prize and Benefits
- The Prize will host a grand finale pitch competition in Africa where ten finalists from across the continent will compete for a share of US$1 million in total grant prize money.
- Make it to the grand finale and you’ll have your shot to pitch your story to Jack and the rest of the judges.
- Open to entrepreneurs who are nationals from any of the 54 African countries
- Entrepreneurs of any age, gender, and sector are encouraged to apply.
- Open to all industry sectors
- Strongly encourage young people and female entrepreneurs to apply
Key activities and dates for the prize are:
- Applications Launch: 27th March 2019
- Deadline for applications: 30th June 2019
- Announcement of the top 50 regional finalists: August 2019
- Announcement of the final 10 finalists: October 2019
- Grand Finale pitch event: November 2019
For more information, visit Africa Netpreneur Prize.