Institute of Development Studies (IDS)2019 Graduate Scholarship
Applications are open for the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) Graduate Scholarship 2019. The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is offering up to six scholarships to encourage high achieving scholars from the Global South to study for a master’s degree commencing in 2019.
These scholarships have been jointly endowed by the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, the Albertina Scholarship Fund and the estate of Sir Hans Singer. The scholarships are available to international students from lower- or middle-income countries who have accepted a full-time place on an IDS master’s degree. Priority will be given to students who have the greatest potential to make a difference in their home countries after completing the degree.
- Up to £16,750 for fees and up to £11,000 for essential living costs
- Open to applicants who are nationals of and currently living in a lower or middle income country;
- Applicants must have received and accepted an offer of a place on an full-time taught IDS masters degree (see the list of IDS masters courses)
- Must have proven academic skills and an established career with a track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development
- Must be able to demonstrate, through your previous experience and future plans, that you are committed to working for development – be it educational, economic, social or cultural – in your home country
- Must not have studied nor worked in a high-income (developed) country
- Must meet all of IDS and the University of Sussex’s general entrance requirements
- Must have received an unconditional offer on an eligible Masters by Friday 17 May 2019 (it is possible to apply for the scholarship before receiving an offer of a place).
To be considered for the IDS Graduate Scholarship, you must have accepted an offer of a place on an eligible IDS master’s degree. Applications for the scholarship award should be submitted via the online IDS Scholarship Application Form.
For more information, visit IDS Graduate Scholarship.