Job Vacancy Application at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Ongoing | How to Apply Online.
The ICRC recruitment application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates in Nigeria are published here on Schoolinfong.com for free.
ICRC Job Vacancies | Apply Now
- Don’t forget that ICRC recruitment is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of ICRC Vacancy Position & How to Apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Investigation Officer
Requisition ID: 16638
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Open-ended contract
Reports to (role): Head of Investigations
Type of role: Open-ended contract
Working rate: 100%
Starting date: As soon as possible
Length of assignment: 18 months
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, the Regional Investigation Officer manages the regional case intake, delegates cases and undertakes higher risk investigations of alleged misconduct or violations of the ICRC internal policies and procedures, ensuring best practices.
Accountabilities & Functional Responsibilities
In this role, your main tasks will be to:
- Manage the administrative investigation cases, prioritizes follow-up based on advice from Head of the Investigation Unit.
- Plan, organize, conduct and manage investigations of alleged misconduct or alleged violations of ICRC internal policies and procedures.
- Obtain and review relevant documentation; conduct interviews and take statements; analyze facts, determine findings, and formulate recommended disciplinary and jurisdictional actions; gather and analyze electronic evidence.
- Determine whether matters involve potential fraud, corruption or other illegal or criminal conduct warranting referral to national authorities.
- Prepare complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks.
- Work collaboratively and in coordination with colleagues to achieve organizational goals, in accordance with ICRC Code of Conduct Framework and Guidelines and in compliance with other Organizational principles and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required including training.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Law or subjects associated with criminal / administrative investigations.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Participation in investigation training courses or CFE certification an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with investigatory procedures and practice preferably within international organizations (including private sector), preferably, but not limited to, misconduct and wrongdoing by employees, suppliers and partner organizations, including fraud and other forms of corruption, using investigation techniques and procedure.
- Expertise in investigation technique, particularly where conduct also may have criminal implications that could result in prosecution before local courts.
- Knowledge of legal, procedural and evidentiary standards.
- Proven working knowledge and experience with gender sensitive interviewing methodology, and proven experience integrating practical protection measures for engaging with alleged victim(s) and witness(es).
- Experience in conducting investigations into alleged Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Experience of Human Resources-related investigations (such as alleged harassment or other violations of a professional working environment) would be an asset.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills including interviewing skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Good command of French a plus.
- Computer proficiency.
Our operational & field constraints:
- In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals.
- Candidates must be in good health and will have to do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field.
- Candidates must possess a driving license (for manual transmission vehicles).
Note: The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the ICRC Job Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.