ICFJ Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling 2022 application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the ICFJ Michael Elliott Award application deadline.
ICFJ Michael Elliott Award Application Instruction.
- The ICFJ Michael Elliott Award application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on schoolinfong.com for free.
- The ICFJ Michael Elliott Award application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
ICFJ Michael Elliott Award Details.
Applications are open for the ICFJ Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling 2022. The Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling, a collaboration between the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), the ONE Campaign, and the Elliott family, honors up-and-coming journalists in Africa who strive to strengthen people’s voices and illuminate the transformational change taking place on the continent.
The Award was established in honor of the late Michael Elliott, an outstanding editor, philanthropist, and former ICFJ director whose life was a testament to the power of storytelling to bear witness to and improve the human condition. Elliott served as a distinguished editor at The Economist, Newsweek, and Time before becoming CEO of ONE. In 2016, he spoke of his dream to establish an award that would bring together his belief in the power of great journalism with his commitment to progress in Africa.
- The winners will receive a cash prize, a $1,000 reporting grant, and a personalized crystal award. One of the winners will complete a two-week internship at The Economist’s headquarters in London, United Kingdom. Another winner will spend time in U.S. newsrooms in Washington, D.C., and New York City.
- The contest is open to English-speaking journalists working in Africa for print, broadcast, and online news media.
- Applicants must have no more than 10 years of journalism experience.
- Applicants must submit one published piece that exemplifies Africa through thoughtful reporting and excellent storytelling. They are looking for impactful investigative or explanatory pieces, especially those that illuminate transformational change in Africa.
- A copy of the published story or broadcast clip must be submitted in English. Works in other languages must include English translations. We welcome submissions from print, broadcast or digital journalists. Multimedia submissions may include web, audio, video, visual or mixed media.
- The submitted story must be published between December 1, 2020, and December 1, 2021.
For more information, visit ICFJ.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the ICFJ Michael Elliott Award, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing This Post With Others via!