The Humane Studies Fellowship advertisement has been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
Humane Studies Fellowship 2020-2021 for PhD students (up to $15,000)
Below, are full details of Humane Studies Fellowship application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other important links below on SchoolinfoNG Portal as well as on the official Humane Studies Fellowship website/application portal for free.
- Don’t forget that Humane Studies Fellowship application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Humane Studies Fellowship
Applications are open for the Humane Studies Fellowship 2020-2021. The fellowship provides financial support to offset the cost of graduate school as you develop research and work toward a career in academia.
Humane Studies Fellows not only gain financial aid, but also connect with the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) and their network of scholars working to advance classical liberal ideas in the academy. This includes access to academic advising and invitations to their career development seminars, research workshops, discussion colloquia, and other networking events. Accepted Fellows research a broad range of topics from migration and 18th-century property rights to bioethics and environmental policy. IHS welcomes scholars working in unique and diverse research areas.
- The Humane Studies Fellowship is a non-residency, renewable award of up to $15,000 per year. The Institute for Humane Studies will also offer one $30,000 fellowship this year, but this award is contingent on the needs and caliber of the applicant pool.
To be eligible to apply for the Humane Studies Fellowship, you must:
- Be enrolled full time in a PhD program at any institution for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Have a research interest that contributes to the advancement of classical liberal scholarship
- Fellowship recipients are required to show proof of full-time enrollment at the beginning of the fall semester and during the academic year, and must either present a paper at an academic conference or have a paper ready for submission to a peer-reviewed journal. Please note that presentation at a graduate student conference or an IHS Research Colloquium is acceptable.
As part of the application process, you will be required to answer three essay questions and upload several supporting documents, listed below.
Each essay should be 500 words or fewer.
- Explain your research agenda as if speaking to a colleague in your field and why it is important
- How do you plan to use your Humane Studies Fellowship award?
- Explain a current or prospective paper or research project you will complete as part of this fellowship, and how it advances an understanding of classical liberal ideas
To complete the application for the Humane Studies Fellowship, you must upload the following documents:
- A recent writing sample of 3,000 words or fewer. Partial samples of longer works are acceptable.
- An official or unofficial electronic transcript from your current or most recent institution.
- If applicable, please upload your dissertation proposal.
Supporting documents must be uploaded to the application as electronic files (.doc, pdf, etc.). They do not accept applications submitted by mail. It is recommended that you begin collecting supporting materials early, as certain items might take time to compile. Instructions on how to submit supporting materials are listed at the end of the online application.
They require letters of recommendation from two references who can speak to your qualifications for the fellowship.
For more information, visit Humane Studies Fellowship.
Deadline: December 1, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Humane Studies Fellowship, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.