Job Vacancy Application at Helen Keller International Ongoing | How to Apply Online.
The Helen Keller International recruitment application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates in Nigeria are published here on Schoolinfong.com for free.
Helen Keller International Job Vacancies | Apply Now
- Don’t forget that Helen Keller International recruitment is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Helen Keller International Vacancy Position & How to Apply.
Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements an integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
- The USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
- The overall purpose of the project in Nigeria is to provide technical support to the Government of Nigeria, and other nutrition stakeholders and generate evidence to enhance nutrition programming toward achieving the overall
Scope of the Position
- The State Coordinator will provide overall leadership and management of the project in Sokoto and kebbi states in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state’s government and other partners.
- S/He will spearhead coordination, implementation, and reporting of the state’s project activities and ensure optimal resource management.
- S/He will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for the overall performance of the project in the two states. The position is based in Sokoto
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed work plan that identifies, and sequences activities needed to successfully implement the project in the most cost-effective manner and ensure that project objective and deliverables are met in line with national policies, and USAID goals.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll-out of partner-specific action and implementation plans to implement project activities.
- Facilitate the development or review of project-specific annual budgets and monitor implementation
- Provides clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keeps project senior management informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Take responsibility for the management of the state project budget and all other resources under the direction of the Senior Program Officer.
- Ensure that project partner execute the project according to their respective project plans.
- Document project activities and ensure that all project information is appropriately secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and adjust as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully completed.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of state project activities
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures and ensure that all financial records for the projects are up to date.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and Establish a system for project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Establish a functional state M&E data system with periodic analyses and review to inform program management and provide reports to the project M&E team
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of international standards as set by the donor.
- Internally and when requested, support project research activities as required.
- Disseminate findings from research to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Liaise and network with relevant partners and collaborators in the state to improve project visibility, coordination of activities, and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
- Represent the project at the state level.
Resources and Process Management:
- Effectively manage project resources and processes
- Cost-effectiveness (Judicious use of available resources in the State)
- Optimal utilization of project resources
- Responsiveness (Timeliness in delivering on internal processes such as reporting, request for information, promptness for meetings, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate Degree in Public Health Nutrition, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or its equivalent. Postgraduate Degree in related field preferred
- At least 7 years’ senior-level work experience in development program management in Nigeria or equivalent experience
- Previous supervision or team leader experience
- Proven track record in managing international projects
- Willingness to travel within the state and other parts of the country as needed
- Experience in managing a nutrition program would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams, and partner organizations to achieve results.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and able to execute deliverables according to deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required
- Fluency in the Hausa language is highly desired
using the job title and the location as the subject of the email. Note: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
However, if you have any Feelings regarding the Helen Keller International Job Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.