Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager, APNADs
Location: Lagos HQ
Reports To: Marketing & Innovation Director
Purpose of the Role
- To effectively lead and manage the APNADs (Adult Premium Non Alcoholic Drinks) Brand agenda for Guinness Nigeria
- To design and implement strategies for the APNADs Brand in order to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume objectives in GN.
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the APNADs Brand based on consumer insights and trends.
- Lead the long term strategy and annual implementation plan as a growth driver for the brand as well as identifying new opportunities that demonstrate and consolidate leadership of the platform in a way that drives commercial value.
- Be a transformational leader beyond APNADs in helping to drive our total business through the innovation agenda, our targeted shifts in execution standards and commercial accountability, behavioral step change in accountability and ownership as well as how it feels to work at Guinness Nigeria.
- Accountable for ensuring a highly motivated and successful Cross functional team is working between Marketing, Sales, CMO, Finance, Supply etc
- Deliver business performance targets for the APNADs brand in all of Turnover, Profit, Market Share & Brand Equity
- Lead the development of the APNADs brand Category & Portfolio Strategy as well as oversee the individual Strategy & Marketing plans the brand.
- Work with the Portfolio Director Innovation and lagers to develop, coach and motivate the APNADs Marketing team in raising the bar on functional & leadership capabilities, execution and management standards
- Key role in driving the Guinness Nigeria performance ambition with specific accountability for delivery of performance outcomes of strengthening and accelerating premium core.
- Lead the local creative development with accountability for engagement with above market teams where required to ensure they deliver on our in market requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with Innovation and CCP (Consumer Connections and Planning) to identify & quantify new growth opportunities for the brand and commercialize these to grow the category and our share within it.
- Work closely with supply to ensure appropriate cost management and product engineering benefits are captured whilst partnering in the delivery consistent quality beer!
- Lead engagement across marketing, customer marketing and commercial teams to ensure the brilliant execution of an aligned JUBP (Joint Up Business Plan) strategy and GAME Plan meeting targeted business growth and profit ambitions
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Marketing or any other related discipline. Postgraduate qualifications an advantage
- Strong commercial understanding and proven track record of working successfully with Sales teams
- Experience in consumer communication development and evaluation (ATL, & BTL)
- Experienced at managing agencies and partners to build amazing relationships
- Be an expert in the application of brand positioning to drive brand growth with a passion for consumer understanding and great generator of insights.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience either within an FMCG organization within brand marketing, planning or commercial/customer marketing disciplines.
- Proven at developing simple, compelling strategies and able to make turn complex scenarios into simple strategies
- Excellence in terms of interpersonal skills and ability to brilliantly manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply