FUPRE Postgraduate Programmes Overview | Here is the full details of Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun (FUPRE) postgraduate programmes, admission portal, admission forms, registration guidelines, admission list, courses offered, Transcript and Referee’s Report and lots more for both Indigenes (Nigerian) and Non-Indigenes (Foreign – International students).
- 1 PHILOSOPHY
- 2 AIMS/OBJECTIVES
- 3 Basic Admission Requirements for all Students
- 4 a) For Postgraduate Diploma
- 5 b) Master (M.Sc, M.Eng) degree
- 6 c) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- 7 TRANSCRIPTS AND REFEREES’ REPORTS
- 8 COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
- 9 COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
- 10 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- 11 TRANSCRIPTS AND REFEREE’ REPORTS
- 12 OTHER INFORMATION
FUPRE SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
The Senate of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun at its 35th meeting held on the 3rd of June, 2015 approved the establishment of the School of Postgraduate Studies.
The post-graduate programmes are primarily aimed at developing the appropriate high-level manpower required for the overall development of the nation and to produce manpower to fill relevant positions in academic, managerial and leadership positions in the administration of the Nigerian economy.
The programmes also aim at developing the research skills and knowledge necessary for sustainable growth in the chosen areas of specializations.
The establishment of a School of Postgraduate Studies for the University aims at providing systematic academic and research programmes, geared towards high level manpower needs of the country and the world and shall have the following objectives:
a) To develop, encourage and stimulate the growth of Postgraduate programmes in the University and give academic and professional training, leading to the award of Postgraduate degrees/diplomas.
b) To identify and modernize indigenous technology and their upgrade.
c) To develop local contents in the oil and gas industry.
d) To produce agents and catalysts for the effective and economic utilization, exploitation and conservation of our natural, economic and human resources.
e) To produce socially mature personnel with capability to understanding the use and adaptation of existing technology in the oil and gas sector and also the development of new ones.
In pursuance of the above objectives the school will provide, through instruction and research, deeper understanding of the fundamental principles and hence the acquisition of requisite knowledge to solving of problems. The students in the Postgraduate School must, therefore be able to show an improvement in their understanding of the basic principles of the acquired knowledge which will be directly related to their intellectual growth and development. The programme therefore aims at extending mental horizons, producing new orientations and developing a depth of understanding.
Basic Admission Requirements for all Students
All candidates should please note that in accordance with the University regulations, they must satisfy the O’ Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of any approved University or Institution, i.e. Five Credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics plus two other relevant science subjects at O’ Level; or four (4) credit passesat O’ Level plus OND [credit], NCE, IJMB or Advanced Level [A Level].
An applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
a) For Postgraduate Diploma
(i) Graduates of FUPRE and other approved Universities, who are not qualified for admission into M.Sc. programme (with at least a pass degree).
(ii) Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant programmes from approved institutions.
b) Master (M.Sc, M.Eng) degree
(i) A first degree with at least a Second-Class (Lower Division) from FUPRE or any other approved University.
(ii) A candidate with a qualification lower than Second-Class (Lower Division)but has an Upper Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma shall be considered for admission.
c) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
An applicant must possess a Master degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which must not be less than 60% (B) from an approved University.
TRANSCRIPTS AND REFEREES’ REPORTS
Candidates should request former Universities/institutions to forward their academic transcripts to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the School shall not be processed.
Candidates should ask their referees to fill the referees’ reports on-line. Applications shall not be processed without the referees’ reports.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
1) PGD: Minimum of 2 Semesters and Maximum of 4 Semesters for Full-Time Students. For Part-Time Students, Minimum of 4 Semesters and Maximum of 6 Semesters.
2) M.Sc: Minimum of 3 Semesters and Maximum of 5 Semesters for Full-Time Students. For Part-Time Students Minimum of 5 Semesters and Maximum of 8 Semesters.
3) Ph.D. Minimum of 6 Semesters and Maximum of 8 Semesters for Full-Time Students. For Part-Time Students, Minimum of 8 Semesters and Maximum of 10 Semesters.
COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
1) PGD: Minimum of 4 Semesters and Maximum of 6 Semesters for Full-Time Students. For Part-Time Students, Minimum of 6 Semesters and Maximum of 8 Semesters.
2) M.Sc: Minimum of 3 Semesters and Maximum of 6 Semesters for Full-Time Students. For Part-Time Students, Minimum of 4 Semesters and Maximum of 8 Semesters.
3) Ph.D.: Minimum of 6 Semesters and Maximum of 12 Semesters for Full-Time Students. For Part-Time Students, Minimum of 8 Semesters and Maximum of 16 Semesters.
HOW TO APPLY
Purchase of application form shall be online only. Candidates can pay and complete the application forms online by visiting the University website – www.fupre.edu.ng, click on PG Online Application link, then follow the instructions.
Applicants should upload the scanned copies of the following relevant documents in support of their applications.
i. University Degree Certificate
ii. NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
iii. O’ Level result
TRANSCRIPTS AND REFEREE’ REPORTS
1. Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their Academic Transcripts to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Federal University of Petroleum Resources, P.M.B 1221, Effurun, Delta State. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the Postgraduate School shall not be processed.
2. Candidates should request their referees to complete their Referee Reports and submit online.
a) Application processing fee for all programmes costs N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only)
b) The progress of completed application forms can be monitored online and notification will be sent to applicants once decisions are made on the applications.
c) Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications by e-mail/sms.
d) For further information, visit the University website at www.fupre.edu.ng
e) Applications without transcripts will not be considered.
– Any applicant whose original transcript does not reach the University before the admission exercise begins “will not be admitted”.
– Successful candidates will receive their letters of admissions through their e-mail addresses supplied.