Deadline: March 4, 2019
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion invites you to participate in the #MySocialEurope contest, a photo competition about social Europe for young people from 27 EU Member States.
The topic of the competition is “How should the future of social Europe look like”. All you have to do is take a picture showing how you perceive social Europe should look like in the future and your hopes for it. Your photographs should be photos of your idea or perception on the future of social Europe. You can photograph about any social topic in Europe; get inspired by the European Pillar of Social Rights and start snapping! Photos that are not relevant to the topic will not be taken into account.
- The three main winners will have the chance to attend the Young Citizens’ Dialogue event in Sibiu on May 8, 2019 where they will have the opportunity to meet young people from all over Europe and discuss the future of Europe with them;
- The main prize for the three winners is an InterRail ticket for one person to discover Europe and an accommodation voucher to help with the costs. The 15 best photos will also be displayed at the Young Citizens’ Dialogue event in Sibiu. There are also 12 medium prizes (Fujifilm instax camera and case and a pack of instax films) for the photographers whose photos will make it to the exhibition but are not among the three main winners and 35 small prizes (Bluetooth portable stereo speaker) and to be won. Prizes can under no circumstances be substituted or redeemed in cash;
- If you are among the three winners of the competition, you will be required to send at least 5 photos from your travels during the InterRail to DG EMPL.
- Open to people between the ages of 18 and 30 (by May 7, 2019);
- They must be living in the EU (legal resident in one of the 27 participating EU countries) and
- Willing to express their views about their social Europe and reflect on pressing social issues. The photos must be taken in one of the 27 participating countries.
For more information, visit #MySocialEurope Competition.