The Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights advertisement has been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
Apply for Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights at the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria
Below, are full details of Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other important links below on SchoolinfoNG Portal as well as on the official Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights website/application portal for free.
- Don’t forget that Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights
The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, is accepting applications for a full-time doctoral scholarship in the field of disability rights. The successful candidate will be based within the Centre, and will be expected to contribute to the work of the Centre’s Disability Rights Unit (for 25 hours per week) while attending to her/his LLD/DPhil work.
The scholarship is for an initial period of one year, renewable subject to satisfactory progress in the doctoral studies and corresponding duties within the Centre.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a modest stipend.
The applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s Degree in human rights, international development, disability studies, development studies or a subject directly relevant to disability rights
- Demonstrated excellent research and writing skills
- Sound knowledge of human rights mechanisms, and of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Protocol to the African Charter on Human and People’s Rights on the rights of persons with Disabilities
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Highly professional, a strong sense of diplomacy in managing multiple-stakeholders, excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to travel locally and internationally
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task, to work under pressure and effectively manage time to respect multiple deadlines
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating projects and managing events
Previous experience working on disability rights and related issues
Applications should consist of: a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant post-graduate degree(s), a motivation letter, a brief proposal (of about 3 pages) of the prospective LLD/DPhil research (succinctly setting out the research problem; the research question(s) to be addressed; the proposed research methods/ methodology; and demonstrating familiarity with the most salient literature), as well as a sample of writing by the candidate in the area of disability rights.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The Centre reserves the right to not fill the position. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit Centre For Human Rights.
Deadline: December 10, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Doctoral Scholarship in Disability Rights, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.