The British High Commission (BHC) Job Vacancies 2023 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
British High Commission (BHC) Job Vacancies 2023 | Apply Now
The 2023 British High Commission (BHC) Job Recruitment details like Jobs Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, education qualification, application guidelines, application deadline, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form, how to apply, closing date, important links and other job updates are available here on Schoolinfong.com as well as on the official website.
- Don’t forget that British High Commission (BHC) recruitment 2023/2024 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
About British High Commission (BHC)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
British High Commission (BHC) Job Vacancies Positions
Job Title: Driver
Ref Id: 01/19 KAN
Start Date: 15 September 2023
Type of Position: Permanent
Type of Post: British High Commission
Working hours per week: 40
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job
- To provide transport services for staff and visitors of the British High Commission (1HMG) to and from assigned destinations within Kano and Northern Nigeria Region in a safe, efficient and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and post security regulations.
- Perform administrative duties as may be required to support the effective running of the Kano office and Transport operations in the Nigeria Network.
Roles and responsibilities
Transport Services – 60%:
- Manage transport booking requests and communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders
- Drive 1HMG staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Kano and Northern Nigeria.
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off 1HMG staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Undertake journeys to other states within Nigeria as necessary
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations
Vehicle Maintenance and Management – 20%:
- Keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/costs
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the Transport Manager
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
- Manage a working stock of spares (held in stores with restricted access) for the fleet based in Maiduguri in line with FCO/BHC policy.
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Wash/Clean official vehicles ensuring they are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
Administrative Support – 20%:
- Provide administrative support for the day to day running of the Kano office
- Assist the Transport Manager and liaise with other Corporate Services staff based in Abuja as necessary
- Update transport related data using Microsoft Office IT systems and maintain other records as may be delegated by the office/transport manager
- Maintain adequate records for all the operations of the Kano transport unit required for audit purposes e.g. Journey records, Stores, Vehicle maintenance check lists, Fuel Consumption, etc.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Full valid Nigerian driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable previous driving experience
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Office tools
- Must possess minimum of SSCE with 5 credits obtained in one sitting
- Must be able to relate and speak fluently with locals
- Previous experience of driving Armoured Vehicles
- Good working knowledge (and driving experience) of Maiduguri and the North East Region
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of driving for other Embassies or NGOs
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: N175,672.24
How to Apply For British High Commission (BHC) Job Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nigeria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
Application Deadline 15th August, 2023.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment 2023/2024, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
CONNECT WITH US: Like our Facebook Page, Follow Us On Twitter, AND also Subscribe to Our Feed. Stayed Blessed!