AWJP West African GBV Reporting Fellowship application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the AWJP application deadline.
AWJP Application Instruction.
- The AWJP application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on schoolinfong.com for free.
- The AWJP application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
AWJP West African GBV Reporting Fellowship Details.
The AWJP is an initiative dedicated to empowering women journalists by providing them with the skills and resources they need to create content that raises awareness of under-reported issues affecting women and makes a business case for sustained gender reporting supported by the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ).
The AWJP + ICFJ West African GBV Reporting Fellowship, run with the support of the Ford Foundation in West Africa, focuses on women and girls in their reporting on cultural, societal, and political inequalities that contribute to gender-based violence, impede economic opportunity, and limit the participation of West African women in development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editing exciting and engaging content for broadcast, online and print content. The ideal candidate must be a creative problem solver with solid journalist judgment, detail skills and the ability to think creatively.
The ideal candidate should have solid news judgment and a thorough understanding of the different writing styles and subject matter relevant to gender-focused news organizations.
The ideal candidate will work alongside several other editorial experts, including researchers, writers, data analysts, designers, and social media strategists.Scope of work:
- Sub-edit, revise, edit and proofread copy produced by AWJP Fellows for print, audio, and video.
- Verify facts, dates and statistics using standard reference sources.
- With the support of the AWJP team, prepare and oversee the publication schedule.
- Together with the AWJP team, participate in developing story or content ideas, considering reader or target audience appeal.
- Adhere to publication deadlines and budget requirements.
- Confer with Fellows regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Meet regularly with the AWJP team and the Fellows to discuss story projects and resolve problems.
- Support the development and articulation of a clear voice for content produced by the Fellows
- Sub-edit infographics and other visual graphics created by the design and data team
- Ensure AWJP publication standards, goals and expectations are met.
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with the targeted audience’s preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, researchers and social media strategists.
- Have strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.
- Excellent written skills in English. Similar skills in French will be an advantage.
- Have an eye for detail paired with critical thinking skills.
- Be able to prioritize tasks and multitask.
- Have excellent knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, audio, and visual media.
- Knowledge of GBV and other gender-related expertise will be an added advantage.
- Have the ability to deal with criticism or disagreements with Fellows professionally.
- Be familiar with significant laws concerning libel, copyright, invasion of privacy, and contempt.
- Experience with or familiarity with digital collaboration tools such as Slack, GSuite, Miro and Trello is preferred but isn’t a must.
- High levels of integrity, accountability, energy, and adaptability
- Be willing to work unusual hours to accommodate different time zones.
- Have excellent internal and external communication skills.
- At least eight (8) years of work experience in journalism, writing website content, editing, proofreading, layout, graphic design, and communications in the public or private sector.
- The ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a collaborative environment is required.
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
For More Information:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the AWJP, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing This Post With Others via!