Autumn School 2023 for Sustainable Entrepreneurship for Young Changemakers from Germany and Africa .
Applications are open for the Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2023. The Autumn School is a one-week exchange format for young social entrepreneurs from African countries and Germany. It ultimately aims at creating an international network of committed young entrepreneurs sharing the same spirit of sustainability. The Autumn School invites up to 25 social entrepreneurs annually and takes place alternately in a city in Germany or in an African country.
The Autumn School is organized by Engagement Global and was launched in Berlin in 2016. This year’s event is organized and implemented in close cooperation with Impact Hub Accra, a leading social entrepreneurship and innovation center in Ghana, currently running an e-waste project. This year’s format: A unique combination of training, field visits and public events with an exciting blend of stakeholders from politics, business and research
The Autumn School is driven by the vision of a transition towards a more sustainable economy. As a learning platform it enables the participants to extend their knowledge about different aspects of sustainable entrepreneurship, increase their social impact, share their locally acquired best practices and creative approaches with each other, and become part of an international network of young people sharing the same spirit of sustainability.
Contents of the Autumn School
- Three-month virtual preparatory phase where participants are supported by mentors to strengthen/scale their business models and maximize their social impact;
- Inspiring expert inputs and discussions on sustainable business and sustainability issues;
- Peer-to-peer sessions where participants convene and learn from each other and invited international guests;
- Meetings with Strategic Partners where participants can critically discuss their scaling plans;
- Field visit to selected projects in Accra;
- Networking event on sustainable business for participants and external guests featuring workshops, pitches, market place…
- Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2023: “E-Waste and the Circular Economy”
- Date: 1-5 November
- Venue: Impact Hub Accra
Participants of the Autumn School will:
- Get to know more about the life and work of other young changemakers from African countries and Germany;
- Benefit from Impact Hub Accra’s in-depth expertise regarding maximizing social impact;
- Be able to tackle local challenges more efficiently by discussing sustainability issues in a global setting;
- Exchange resources and experiences and prepare the ground for long-term virtual or regional exchange;
- Be part of the Autumn School and Engagement Global extended alumni and partner network.
The participation in the Autumn School is free of charge. Engagement Global will bear the expenses for travel and accommodation for all selected participants. Participants will furthermore be assisted with the organization of their travel and accommodation and with their visa application process.
A complete application must include:
- a filled-in application form including 2 relevant references showing your experience in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship
The number of participants is limited to 25. A confirmation letter for those accepted will be sent out in the end of July. Only complete applications will be accepted.
For more information, visit Autumn School.
CONNECT WITH US: Like our Facebook Page, Follow Us On Twitter, AND also Subscribe to Our Feed. Stayed Blessed!