The AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award advertisement has been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award 2020 for Science Graduate Students from the United States
Below, are full details of AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other important links below on SchoolinfoNG Portal as well as on the official AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award website/application portal for free.
- Don’t forget that AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award
Applications are open for the 2020 AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award. This award recognizes graduate students in the biological sciences who are demonstrating an interest and aptitude for working at the intersection of science and policy.
Are you a science graduate student looking to make a difference in science policy and funding? This is for you.
Recipients of the AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award receive:
- A trip to Washington, DC, to participate in the AIBS Congressional Visits Day, an annual event where scientists meet with lawmakers to advocate for federal investment in the biological sciences, with a primary focus on the National Science Foundation. The event will be held in the spring of 2020 (likely in March or April). Domestic travel and hotel expenses are paid for the winners.
- Policy and communications training, including information on the legislative process and trends in federal science funding, and how to engage with policymakers and the news media.
- Meetings with lawmakers to discuss the importance of federal investment in the biological sciences.
- A one-year AIBS membership, including a subscription to the journal BioScience and a copy of “Communicating Science: A Primer for Working with the Media.”
- The 2020 award is open to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents
- Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate degree program in the biological sciences, science education, or a closely allied field.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in and commitment to science policy and/or science education policy.
- Prior recipients, including Honorable Mentions, are not eligible for the award.
- Send a cover letter, statement, resume, and letter of reference to [email protected] no later than 05:00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
- The subject line of the e-mail must include “EPPLA 2020” and the applicant’s name.
- All documents should be included as an attachment(s), with each file named as applicant_name_document (e.g., Sarah_Smith_Resume.pdf). A single PDF document is preferred.
For more information, visit AIBS Award.
Deadline: January 15, 2020.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the AIBS Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.