Intra Africa Academic Mobility Scheme: 2019 ACADEMY Project Scholarship for Masters, Doctoral and Staff Mobility
The call for applications for the ACADEMY Project Scholarships is now open. The ACADEMY project is designed to provide resources and opportunities for student and staff mobility from four regions of Africa, offering support for Masters, Doctoral and short research, teaching and administrative visits between the consortium partners.
African Trans-Regional Cooperation through Academic Mobility (ACADEMY) is part of the Intra Africa Academic Mobility Scheme which favors the exchange between higher education institutions in the different African countries. It challenges issues such as gender equality, job shortage, poverty, environmental sustainability and higher education quality. Academy helps knowledge and culture exchange through students and staff mobilities all over Africa.
Areas of Study
- Business, administration and law;
- Natural sciences;
- Information and Communication Technologies;
- Engineering, manufacturing and construction;
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and veterinary.
Please notice that the field of study will be taken into consideration in the selection process together with other factors such as application’s grade, balance between institutions, gender and other cross-cutting issues, etc.
The African Trans-Regional Cooperation through Academic Mobility (ACADEMY) Programme will offer for this call 55 mobility opportunities: 38 at Masters level, 5 at Doctorate level and 12 staff mobility opportunities.
The available scholarships are:
- Credit-seeking mobility: 6 months
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master programme at one African Higher Education Institution.
- Credit-seeking mobility: 6 months
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Doctorate programme at one African Higher Education Institution.
- Academic and Administrative Staff
- Mobility: 1 month
- Applicants must be working in one of the five partner universities.
The Scholarship covers:
- Monthly subsistence allowance for the entire mobility period.
- Settling in allowance (for students only).
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs.
- Comprehensive insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students).
Applicants for all types of scholarships must:
- Be nationals and residents in any of the eligible African countries.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of courses in the host country.
- Fulfill the criteria of one of the target groups below:
Target Group 1 (TG1)
- For Master and PhD credit-seeking mobility applicants: Students must be registered in one of the five partner universities: Université de Tlemcen (Algeria), University of Cape Coast (Ghana), Kenyatta University (Kenya), University of Ibadan (Nigeria), and University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa).
- For staff: Staff must be working in one of the five partner
Target Group 2 (TG2)
- For credit-seeking mobility applicants: Students must be registered in any African Higher Education Institution
Students having previously benefitted from a scholarship under the Intra-ACP or the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Schemes are NOT eligible.
The home and host universities of the consortium will work together to evaluate the applications based upon the following criteria:
- Academic merit.
- Motivation for the mobility period.
- Language skills.
- Research Project (for PhD).
- Research/Teaching/Working Plan (for academic and administrative staff).
- Scientific Production/Previous experience (for academic and administrative staff).
In addition to these academic criteria, the following administrative criteria will be taken into account:
- Relevance of the mobility for both the host university and the home university.
- Equal geographic representation of the partner universities in the mobility scheme.
- Equity considerations for designated groups (Female, candidates with disabilities or in social/political vulnerable situation, …).
For more information, visit ACADEMY.